Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reasons I Would Bug Out Alone

Have you heard about that guy that predicts the world will end on May 21st? Believe what you want, but personally, I think that's bullshit. Maybe something shitty will happen, like another big earthquake, but the world won't end. Not yet.

Anyway, all  this talk about the world ending has sparked the ever-existing idea that lurks in the back of my head which includes me leaving my family when shit hits the fan. In the title, when I say 'alone', I don't necessarily mean all by myself, rather, I would bug out with a small group of people. This small group of people does not include my family.

You may be wondering what the term 'bug out' means. In simple terms, it would mean leaving your home for a more stable living environment. For example, if there was a big explosion in our area, officials would most likely evacuate us, and we would 'bug out'.

Getting back on track, here are reasons why I would bug out without my family:

1. My family would drive me nuts. Imagine inching down the interstate behind hundreds of cars while buildings explode a few miles behind you, and your brother is complaining about how his seat belt hurts his shoulder. Then imagine your parents nagging you when you're already stressed from everything that's been going on. I think that'd be my breaking point.

2. They have no survival experience. Sure, we've been camping before dozens of times, but we go to Wisconsin in an Amerilite camper. That's like a five-star hotel compared to a lean-to in the blistering cold while huddled around a fire. I would have to teach them to do everything, and I have no patience for that.

3. Less people to worry about (if I were all by myself). I don't really want to have to worry about three other people AND myself. I'd rather be going with someone who knows what they're doing and can actually do it.

4. My dad would eat too much. Even if we were low on food, he probably wouldn't ration at all, and our food stores would be soon depleted. Every night at dinner, he gorges himself as if it were his last meal, not to mention the fact that I can hear his chewing from ten feet away (our table isn't really that big, but I know I'd be able to hear him chew from that far away).

That's pretty much it. If you have any more ideas, or questions, please email me or send me a message or something.

Hurr hurr.

No comments:

Post a Comment