Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Made a Decision Today

I made a decision today, and that decision was to quit Speech Team. I doubt anyone who reads this will really care, but here's why:

1. I'm certain that Hartnett hates me. Maybe it's because I procrastinate, or maybe it's because I'm not as funny or as charismatic as everyone else on the team. I've been going every Tuesday but she always seems to have time to work with everyone else but me.

2. New event/ I've been replaced. Last year I was in Humorous Duet Acting, but my partner from last year is working with someone else and nobody asked me to do a duet with them. When we were picking our events, both Pham and Hartnett agreed that my partner from last year was funnier than I was and that I was more the dramatic type. I chose to do Special Occasion Speaking, which is a solitary event. It's just different.

3. It's not the same team as last year. Last year we had all these amazing seniors and other really talented people, and I was able to go all 3 practice days and see everyone. This year, I also have martial arts, so I can't go all 3 days. Jack isn't doing competitions, which sucks because he was a big part of the team, plus there's a shit ton of freshman and newbies on the team who think they'll be good right off the bat.

4. I completely and utterly suck. It's not I'm-not-good-but-I'll-get-better, it's I-suck-at-speech-team-and-there's-no-chance-of-me-improving-and-I'd-definitely-hinder-the-team.

I also doubt that anyone on the team will miss me.

So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment